All About InstyleSwimming Australia
Narelle Simpson and Chris Spencer have created InstyleSwimming Australia (ISA) for a very good reason,
to make learning how to teach swimming informative, simple and not laborious or boring.
ISA was formed to give individuals the basic skills for teaching all ages how to swim from parents and babies
through to adults including basic junior squad level.
It’s Not Rocket Science!
The course content is completed in one
weekend including an exam, scenarios, basic water rescue, continual practical assessment- in and
out of the water and information that is practical for ongoing use whether learning instruction of swimming
for the first time or experienced.
After the completion of the weekend you need to do a minimum of 20 hours practical training at a swim school and
then be assessed by the directors of ISA.
You also need a current CPR certificate.
Once you have passed all the skill/assessment sets you will then be awarded a certificate and statement of
You will receive 6 Units of Competency from Certificate III (Aquatics) Community &
The units are:
- SISCRO 302A - Operate in accordance with accepted instructional styles and legal and
- SISAQU 202A - Perform basic water rescues.
- SISAQU 308A - Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills.
- SISAQU 309A - Instruct clients in water safety and survival skills.
- SISAQU 310A - Instruct swimming strokes.
- SISAQU 311A - Foster the development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic
Competencies are VETAB Approved and Nationally Recognised.
InstyleSwimming Australia is an RTO with VETAB and NTIS Status.
Narelle Simpson and Chris Spencer between them have over 55 years
experience in the aquatic industry. From learn to swim to national and international coaching. They are passionate
about ISA and deliver the courses personally.
You couldn’t ask for more!
- Gold and silver licensed coaches lecturing
- Owners of their own swim schools
- Still work in the industry at all levels (from learn to swim to national coaching)
- Understand the industry at all levels.
- Understand the importance of time, money and effective learning and instruction thus why the course is
completed in one weekend.
- You don’t need to go and do many courses to achieve an Instructor of Swimming Certificate to teach all
Don't forget to read the Frequently Asked Questions for more
How to Register for a Workshop
Register Online or Download Registration Form